Blogging 101 is over, yet here I am, still working on the last assignment which was to create a weekly feature for my blog. I know this is something that my blog could benefit from. Otherwise why would it be included in a course that is teaching the foundations of blogging? Also, it’s a no brainer. consistent content will bring more traffic to any blog, not just mine.
When I wasn’t sure which day I wanted to do my weekly feature on I headed over to my stats and had a look at what my best day is. I’m not particularly sure why, but it happened to be Monday, at 3:00pm. The rest of the stats only confirmed my need for a weekly feature. I mean seriously, my best views ever was 124 in one day, and that was nearly two years ago. I’m a little embarrassed actually.
Another embarrassing fact is that through the seven years that I’ve had this blog, I have less than one year’s worth of blog posts. That’s one thing I know I can change with the weekly feature.
What will my weekly feature be?
I was clueless at first. In fact, I was so clueless that it has taken me since Friday night to figure it out. I decided to look around the blogosphere a bit to see what types of other weekly features are happening. I grabbed my notepad and began jotting down ideas for what I could do.
Would I be overwhelming myself with a feature for each day? I’m not sure, but I may give it a whirl and see which features do the best. The ones that don’t do well I won’t continue, those that do, I will. Sounds rather simple, doesn’t it?
Overview of my seven weekly feature (ideas):
- Inspirational Story Sunday (formerly Scripture Sunday)
- could be a fictional story that was inspired by a Bible verse
- maybe an actual story from the Bible that is near and dear to me
- maybe an inspiring story that I came across during the past week
- because Sunday is God’s day, here’s why I believe if you’re curious.
- Memory Monday
- one of my memories takes spotlight
- maybe I saw something over the past week that reminded me of something from my past.
- Poetic Tuesday
- a new poem
- or a poem that seems forgotten in the archives of my blog
- or poems like The Hands of Jesus that still get views regardless of how old it is.
- Wordless Wednesday
- A chance to showcase one or some of my favorite photos taken during the past week
- perhaps a picture I saw online that spoke to me
- or showcasing an old favorite of mine, like these ones.
- Thankful Thursday
- being thankful about something I have, or something someone did.
- Fit Friday(Monthly)
- on the last Friday of each month I share my progress
- what am I struggling with in my journey?
- What is going well in my journey?
- What’s different?
- maybe a picture to show progress,
- Sim Saturday
- showcasing screenshots, pictures, and stories from my Sims 4 gameplay
- I have no shame about this, I am a simmer after all.
Which features are you looking forward to? What features do you have on your blog? Leave me a comment if you’re so inclined.
In His love,