Hi, guys, I know I haven’t been present in my writing lately. Please bare with me while I attempt to find it within myself to write more. I’ve lacked the motivation, the drive to create. I’m not entirely sure what’s going on up there, in my noggen.
I’m going to be using Vanessa Carnevale‘s 100 Mindful prompts to get myself back into the habit of writing with purpose.
The first prompt, which is given away in the title asks me what is missing from my life right now. Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I’ll start by giving you some things that my life isn’t missing. Things I’m grateful for:
- Family (Includes the members gained through marriage to my husband, Jeffrey)
- a roof over my head
- A full-time job where I have the pleasure of working with people that genuinely enjoy spending time with.
- Things I take for granted, like my sight, hearing, taste, mobility, etc…
- Coffee, seriously, I’ve got tons of this in my life right now
- Books: got plenty of those, some I haven’t even read yet.
- Music: I’m not sure I could live without it.
- Colors: sometimes colors are the stuff of daydreams, an enchanted forest would just be creepy in black and white.
- Also…Grammarly. A huge help when I am writing.
There’s probably a lot more to add to the list up there, but I only have so much time before I have to put on my shoes and leave for work. Let’s talk about what’s missing, because whether I want to admit it or not, things are missing.
- Motivation: seriously, where did it go? I need more of this in my life right now! What kind of rock bottom am I going to have to hit before I have the motivation to workout and live a healthier lifestyle?
- More Writing!!! I’m always itching to write something, but somewhere between me sitting down and my fingers hitting the keyboard, something in my says “Why bother? Who cares?” Sheesh…is it just me or does it sound like I lack self-confidence as well? I promise I’m not depressed….or am I?
- Financial Stability: Yes I have a full-time job, and my husband has a part time job, but we’re still living with his father. You’d think we could have saved up enough for our own apartment by now.The problem is we’re both impulsive with our spending, and at this rate we may never have enough saved up for first and last.
- Also…a puppy. What? I’m sure it could be just the motivation I need to be active. 😉
Well, that was cathartic. If you kept on reading right till the end, thank you. I took the prompt and just went with it.
Enjoy the rest of the day, live, laugh, and love.